Price Range: $70.40 to $300.00
Best Place to Buy: Manduka (Free shipping* – in the US, above $95)
Size Range: 71″ * 26″ (length*breadth) to 79″ * 26″
Colors available: Blue, Green, Grey, Pink, and Violet
Thickness: 5 mm
Weight Range: 7 lbs to 8 lbs
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Manduka eKO Yoga Mat – Product Overview
How Manduka eKO Yoga Mat works
The eKO Series is legit! It is thick and has the extra cushion for supporting joints. Made of all natural, biodegradable and non-Amazon harvested tree rubber – which simply means that no Plasticizers, no PVC, no foaming agents and non-toxic materials. Developed over four years of research, it is the next Generation of eco-friendly Yoga Mats. The well-sealed surface provides a stable practice with wet-grip. The extra long and wide feature of the Mat enables free movement for the Yogi and stay focussed while holding a pose.
My thoughts on Manduka eKO Yoga Mat
As the Mat is manufactured without any toxic glues or foaming agents, has a closed-cell surface (not allowing the sweat to sink in), good thickness (for extra cushion), provides good traction and the best part being eco-friendly, I would give it a top choice.
What others think about Manduka eKO Yoga Mat
The Mat gets very grippy when dry, and works well when things get warm. It has good cushion and though the initial Natural Rubber scent is present, many people feel it’s not bad, it dissipates in few days. People have used it for Bikram and Vinyasa yoga, this mat prevents them from slipping and sliding in downward dog or any other yoga pose. As the Mat gets older, it gets even better. Though little pricey, it’s way better than the multiple cheap Yoga Mats available in the market.
Manduka eKO Yoga Mat Size Chart
How to Overcome the strong rubber smell quickly
To make the rubber smell fade more quickly, leave your mat unrolled in an airy, shaded area and wipe the mat down with, a vinegar-based cleaning solution with essential oils.
- Good Cushion
- Strong rubber smell (dissipates with time when you air-dry it)
- Price (though it looks costly, it’s a pretty good deal considering that number of positives)
- Though Manduka states that this mat is 99% latex free, if you know that you are allergic to even traces of latex, then you may want to look out for the Manduka PRO Yoga Mat, which is 100% latex free.
- Keep your mat away from direct sunlight and do not leave your mat for long hours in the car trunk – outside the hot sun.
With 80% of 594 customers recommending the Manduka eKO Yoga Mat, it goes without saying that this mat is worth buying. The icing on the cake is that when you buy this Mat you are ensuring that you are contributing to making the earth, a safer planet as the Mat is made of natural rubber, it’s biodegradable and environment-friendly. For any question, clarification or to provide review comment (if you have used this product) to help others decide on this product, please post it in the comment box below.
Where to Buy
Currently, the best place to buy the Manduka eKO Yoga Mat is Manduka as you have good discounts. Please note that Manduka offers Free shipping* in the US for purchase over $95. If your purchase is below $95 and if you are an Amazon Prime customer, then the best place to buy is Amazon
* This offer is valid for FedEx Home Delivery and is available for orders shipped within the contiguous United States only. No coupon code needed. Certain orders are not eligible for free shipping. Exclusions include:
- Alaska, Hawaii, and off-shore U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico
- APO/FPO and PO Box addresses
- International orders
- Wholesale orders
- Any order containing The PRO Squared**
**Any order containing The PRO Squared will have a Flat Rate shipping of $25 when shipping via FedEx Home Delivery.
If you have used this product, would appreciate if you could provide your review (to help other readers decide on their purchase), or if you have any comment, a question or feedback to this post, please use the comment box below and I’ll be glad to respond at the earliest.